Thursday, December 01, 2005

Work to get what I deserve

I am definitely a sunshine guru. When the weather is hot and the sun shines on me, I really live in a high spirit, looking positively at things around. Melbourne summer is always the best of the year; it is quiet and glaring, cashing up from non-stop working and anticipating for a new start.

After officially finish my education, I am looking forward to make myself qualify for more advanced professional titles. There are two certifications I am currently looking at – the PMP and the CMA. Both are time consuming but worth doing. They are international recognised and can be done on a distant learning/online mode on the entry level. I am thinking to complete the online course while I am in Melbourne, and continue to do the face-to-face course in Singapore.

By the way, a recent decision has been made that I am very likely to apply for the Singapore PR at the same time as I am lodging the Australian one. There is always thing I don’t want to do but have to do it because of many unreasonable reasons. Anyway, as Uncle James said: “Don’t stand too high and plan too far away, do one thing at a time.” Who knows what will happen after two years? What I know is I should appreciate for the people who give me the choice of freedom.

I did two cases in the legal centre last night. For the first case, I was the interpreter for a Cantonese woman. I was very delight that I could use my multilingual skill to help her resolve her distress from being fined. The second case was a Vietnamese couple whose car was stolen. In the earliest discussion with the other para-legals, we concluded that all insurance companies were sucks; they all try to rip you off at the end of the day. Anyway, continue the story. To respond their insurance claim of their stolen car, RACV gave them a hilarious investigation report that “the theft was not being genius” to steal their car. No detailed explanations were given. As the client needed an interpreter, we spent an hour with them to clarify the matter and draft up a letter to RACV via telephone interpretation from the other end of an interpretation service centre. I had, again, experienced the professional way of dealing with a case. For whatever I do in the future, I must have to be fare, honest, clear and responsible.

You cant imagine how tired I am after 15 years of education. For the time being, I am just enjoying this surreal moment of doing nothing. I do send out resume to apply for jobs, but I don’t want to get too stress out of that because I know I can’t do much more than that without a PR status and a professional title on “something”. I know I have to get up and do something soon, otherwise, once the momentum stops I will only end up being frustrating and wryly to the world. There are always people that are genius and can get a good job easily. I have some friends or people I know that have already secured a job with big Companies before they graduate. In comparison, I admit that I am not good enough to get a position like them. However, I know I can do better than I am doing now. Why can’t I work harder to get what I deserve?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home