Sunday, January 29, 2006

Not a good opening of the year

My granddad had a stroke soon after we finished our New Year’s afternoon meal. As aunt and uncle went for a short trip to a Victorian countryside and no one came to celebrate New Year with these two elders, I brought R and Z to their house, wanted to bring up the joyance in the house. Grandma cooked a full table of dishes. We thought it would be a good start of the year. Grandma and me just went to the kitchen to clean up while the boys were outside, by the time we came back, granddad was found falling on the floor with sputum dripping from his mouth and having difficulty of breathing. We then quickly helped him sit up and called an ambulance.

It was obvious he has a stroke on his left side of the brain which causes his right side of body disfunctioned and a lost of speech. For the rest of the day, I ran around the hospital as an interpreter of him. Luckily I was with him at the time he had the stroke so he could be saved on time.

Eventually he was admitted into hospital in the stroke department. While I was in my uncle’s car back home, I was left with heavy thoughts and a tired body. My mum has to come now. She is the one to take up the family responsibility to look after these two senior members, plus me as well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home