Tuesday, March 21, 2006

The best saver

“Ding……”, a strident midi music blasted out from my mobile phone, awakened the poor wanting sleep victim –ME! 8am in the morning, I was still half asleep, immersing in the bedsheet comfort I started to enjoy from 3.30am last night. It was a private number; I had to pick it up. As a job seeker, you don’t want to miss any opportunity that may rise from a single phone call. As expected, I get a job with Optus after a few more phone calls bouncing between my agency and me. I will start working again tomorrow. My sleepiness was thrown out of the dormer, and my rest of the day was busy dealing with matters I could not do once I commit full time work.

Three of the officers in the Uni post office are already familiar with me as I come to deposit money every week in the past two years. Jamie, a nice Turkish officer, said to me today: “You are a nice girl. People come in here to spend money; you are the only one come in to save money. Good!” Am I? I can be really stingy in some ways, but if there are good shows in town, I would not hesitate to spend handsome amount of money to buy a seat. Dance, dinner with friends and movies are also components of my current capsulated life.

I watched the “TransAmerica” film recently. The theme is quite wacky. I cant deny, Hoffman carried the transsexual character out seamlessly who she has to act like a woman with a man’s body given that she is a woman already. As all that, the interwinding relationships in the film were bizarre. It has heavily reflected the irresponsible ethics in today’s western world. I am not criticising the transsexual thoughts and its subsequent acts, but the careless sex of young people, social discriminations and cheatings between humans.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home