Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Pancake Day

Today is Pancake Day; it is a day of buying overpriced pancake as a way to donate money to disable people. I bought two pieces of pancake with excessive ice cream and maple topping. Too much sweet, which made me feel sick only after consuming the first piece. Hardly stuffed myself with half of the second piece, taste of sugaring was already flowing all over my esophagus. Ailsa was staring at me, seriously stating, “This is for charity … you have to finish it.” God! I chucked that half into fridge, pretended it would be my late afternoon snack. I did not finish it in the end; and it is still sitting in my office fridge, waiting to be thrown in the bin tomorrow.

Uni starts again. Walking pass the campus, I am feeling desolated and grey. Some of my friends are still in the ivory tower, enjoying their student lives. I don’t feel I belong to this place anymore. I am waiting to get well, and move on my life again.

Yesterday after work, a few of my colleagues took the same train home. One of my colleagues, Sacha, was telling us this hilarious joke about her smoking experience. At about fifteen/sixteen, and the circumstance was in a family party, she somehow stole a pack of ciggie from one of her family friends. She not only smoked, what was more, she smoked in front of a mirror, wanted to see how cool she was. After lighting a cigarette, posing exquisitely in front of the mirror and breathing out the first smoke, she saw her dad’s image reflecting in the mirror! She not only got scolded, but also had to go to apologize to the family friends who she stole the pack from.

My girlie topics are now centred around family, BF, dating and weekends. I am not a big fan of this sort of lives, yet could not be escapable from talking about it with my colleagues. This is not my world, but I have to adopt to live in it for the time being.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home