Thursday, March 16, 2006

Queen's Baton

I finished my first paid job on Tuesday. Feeling a bit uncomfortable yet predictable as it was a temp position anyway. Good money but a dead end job. The most gain was to make a friend with an Irish girl. Maybe we are all passenger to this country, we feel a bit close than those simple minded colleagues around us. Now, I am falling back to the unemployed state and trying hard everyday to get a job. For the time being, I don’t have many choices. Firstly, I am not an Australian PR. Secondly, my language is still not perfect. Thirdly, my health would not allow me to get a permanent job as it will require me a healthy pre-employment state. Anyhow, stick to my principle as always, I will try my best and not to feel regret after this hard time has gone past.

Soon after I walked out of Flinders St station on Tuesday, I was overlooking a large crowd overspreading on Swanston St; several police bikes swooshed past followed by couples of vans guarded with flashing lights. Slowly, Eddie McGuire, dressed in a white sporting suit, carried the Queens Baton ran just past me! 13 days of Commonwealth Game is going to deploy in Melbourne, brings in liveliness and media flashing into our lives.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home