Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Shopping in a shopping centre

I didn’t get a shift from PPR work on ANZAC day this year. Fair enough, in the past three years, I only had a shift from them for this rarely double pay day once. To compensate this miss out fortune, I went shopping in High Point shopping centre. This may sound silly, but given that I am living in the city, a proper shopping centre is unnecessary for my metropolitan life. In ordinary days, Melbourne central shopping mall has more than enough shops, and if I need something quirky I can always go down to Brunswick St. Despite of this, a shopping centre gives a suburban shopping experience that no other city shopping district can construct. Walking in the shopping centre, a family orientated atmosphere whiffs straight onto your face. Babis are babbling in the pram, boyfriend/husband/grandpa and girlfriend/wife/grandma are dawdling in the mall, enjoying the time of being relaxed and looking for nothing but everything. Occasionally, a kinky shop pops up, drawing your attention with an invisible magical string. The smells of exotic cuisine are kneaded together, rise from the food court and make you stop to eye on their menus. Hmm……the whole shopping complex experience usually finishes off in the well posh Myer store, left with a touch fragrant smell in your hand.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home