Thursday, November 30, 2006

Almost to an end

Amazingly, everything comes to an end coincidently.

I will finish my last volunteer night in Fitzroy Legal Service on next Wednesday, where I have been volunteering for two years. Initially it was just my frenzy to kill time on something meaningful. After browsing the volunteer database and sent out several applications, I was called up by FLS and started volunteering there since. This is one of the great Aussie experiences for me; I got to know people and cases I would rarely see otherwise. I consult with distress, solve problems, and meet with fantastic lawyers who have the hearts to help. Well, if I can, I will continue to contribute to the community in Singapore.

My work contract is going to expire in two months. Although they have agreed to get it extended till July, I won’t take it. If I stay in this position, I will become someone I don’t know - a woman with a Bimbo mind and a big house mortgage.

My apartment’s leased is also going to expire in mid-Feb, a perfect timing. It is a lovely but tiny studio, stamped with our joys and tears. We all hope to live in a nicer one in the future, after I come back.

My flying off day is most likely to be set on the 5th February. I was still asked by grandma to stay for another one and a half year to get the Australian passport this morning. “No way!” - conversation ended. I don’t think I can survive with loads of money but an empty heart, not at this age at least.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home