Monday, November 06, 2006

November festival

November is a lovely month in Melbourne. The weather is pleasant, and the flavour of festival is brewing among well dressed punters for fashion of the year’s race. In two months time, I will leave this place, where I have disliked for five years. I love the people, love the arts atmosphere and the dancing places I hang out in, but the layback attitude and the work is dragging me into expiration day by day. I am not sure will I regret for deciding to leave, whereas I know for sure that I will regret if I do not leave. It has been an unfortunate year for both of us, all the distorted incidents and distress should leave behind and let us go for a fresh life in a new year.

For four bloody years, the Melbourne cup carnival has not improved a cent on its transportation system. People, all well dressed, still has to crowd around to wait for the train which its platform gate shuts every four minutes, or for the tram if it ever comes. The most efficient way to get out of the racecourse is to call an ambulance with your partner(s) pretending to be seriously chocking. Last year of working in these four-day carnival, no more devastated on cursing public transport.

Derby Day, the dress code is black and white in tradition. Giving that I was working in the member’s area on the fourth floor of grand stand, not much fashion aroma was smelled in there. Hopefully more colour and styled hat would be seen on Tuesday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home