Thursday, February 08, 2007

万家灯火





On the second day in Singapore, I fond a great place to stay – it is right on top of Braddell MRT station and it is on the top floor (20th floor). And most importantly, it has a jaw dropping view of North West Singapore. You immediately have the view from the top feeling. The room is cheap but large with a huge TV set, the landlady is motherhood likeness and the area is safe. Even though this is the second place I inspected, from my experience in Australia, it is quite a good bargain. Now, half of the worries are solved, I am going to settle down and get a job! I am like a warrior, working my way to wards a luminous dream.

The impression of Singapore to me is familiar yet strange. Since I haven’t been back to Asia for three years, but I was born and grew up there. The culture is interesting but not fascinated. I think I can survive, but not for long. At least that is what I think at this stage.

I cried myself to sleep last night. It is really hard to leave him and come here, especially after six months of living together. Every daily routine I do has his memory, and my tears drop whenever I think of him. However, at this stage of life, it is the best option for us to work on our career to get a better future together, instead of accepting what it is when we become old. We are not rich, we can’t take parents’ fortune as a given. Yet, as long as we stay happy together, what more do we want?

I feel blessing that Jenny has these fantastic friends in Singapore. If it is not them, I will get lost and could not find an accommodation so soon. I will work hard so I won’t let them down.

1 Comments:

Blogger Genesis said...

Singapore is a very beautiful country unless u want to explore Little India. I was there too during a University Trip. But i just realized what u see and what u get is purely artificial. This took me to Malaysia which is almost like Singapore but more natural. If u get any time please come and visit my country Sri Lanka. As we call it Perl in the India Ocean.
-Peace Out

1:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home