Thursday, February 22, 2007

The Protégé

唉…… the landlady is paranoid that I am not holding a valid documents to rent her place and started bombarding our agent a couple of days ago. Luckily the agent is not patient with her either and helping me to make her believe what we say. The final decision is, the agent and me will go to the HDB board tomorrow to get a letter to confirm my right to live in her place. To be honest, I don't know whether I can rent HDB or not, but if she keeps quiet without making such noise, we will both be safe and save all these troubles! If I find myself can’t rent her place and receive no reply from the job I went interview earlier, I may decide to take back my bond and one month rent then go travel Malaysia – Indonesia – Thailand and then go back to Sydney.

I am now in the low point of living in this foreign land. If I can bear the situation for a bit longer, I may be happy later on; otherwise, Z will be happy to see me back..

I went to watch The Protégé this afternoon with L. This is a big production film, set in Hong Kong, Thailand and Singapore, to bring forth the ugly face of drug. Hong Kong haven’t had such a good production made since Internal Affair, given this movie is released during CNY time, it has brought a great acclaim in the Singapore media. The story is the old police and thief theme with whom you don't know is good or bad. But the depiction of drug processing, from its raw plant (poppy) extracted to its pure powder, then dissolved and mixed it with other substitutes, finally is sold to junkies, are vividly portrayed right in front of the audience. You feel a shock wave from drug made to people’s life directly and realistically. First cinema experience in Singapore with a good movie – contentment.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home