Friday, February 16, 2007

Sentosa






Singapore really is a small place, one week, without much trying, I have already been to all the major shopping centers and tourist hot spots. If I can’t find a job soon, I will be bored to death – everywhere is shopping shopping with me have no money to spend.

This morning when I woke up, clouds were swarming on the sky. I was so worried that it would rain today as I was going to visit Sentosa. Luckily, the sky cleared up later with mild wind cooling you from the hot sun. J accompanied for the whole afternoon to visit this “city beach island”. There are three transports to reach the island: monorail, cable car, or ferry. We took the cheapest and quickest one – the monorail. It is said that Singapore bought sands from overseas to cover the Sentosa beach, because tourist will only see dark sands there otherwise. What I saw was white sands, green water, and small waves in all its beaches; big container ships are part of the picture as well. This island is that famous is due to is closeness to the city, and at least, it is a beach!

We then went up to this infamous Merlion statue, taking the Sentosa panorama view from the mouth of this giant mammal. I knew lately that this one was not the origin one; the one has water coming from the mouth is located in Raffles place, the financial center of Singapore, which we visited after Sentosa.

Overall, Sentosa is an overrated small island to me. Yet with all the luxury resorts and clean beaches near the city, Singaporean should have nothing to complain about it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home