Monday, March 12, 2007

Mac Ritchie Reservior Park




My calf muscles as well as my lower back are aching. One month of slacking from doing exercise, Saturday was my repayment to fitness. I went for jogging in Mac Ritchie Reservior Park, which is only 5 minutes bus from my flat, accompanied by J. I was amazed to find that Singapore has such a prime reserve on its small land, which is no worse than Mount Dandenong in Melbourne. The reserve covers several tracks to suit different needs. The longest one, which connects to another reserve, will take at least four hours to complete. To add more on its attraction, it has an inland lake, in where you can practise kayaking at a fairly low price. This has inspired my desire to learn kayaking, seriously. I am planning to take the kayaking Certificate One course, which will only take two Sundays to compete.

Back from the water to the land. The residents of the reserve are a group of monkeys. The natural environment is so well protected in this city state that the wild life creatures are living the life as they are. They swiftly jumped from one end of a branch to another, then climbed up gracefully. They are not scared of human either, scratching their backs and playing with each other right in front of us! A peaceful coexistence is presented on this island.

We then walked through this well-known HSBC tree top walk – a free-standing suspension bridge – that was newly opened since 2004. I could have a bird’s eye view of the community of plants under the forest canopy from this bridge.

At the end of our three-hour journey, we slightly veered our way by incident and trespassed into this grand golf course. Oh well, this gives me a reason to come back again next time.

At night, I went back to Union Square to soothe my salsa dance urge, at no cost! I was too stingy to pay: went in before 9pm for the free entry and only drink water for the whole night. There is no such good thing in Melbourne!

I am a bit gloomy today. Z is moving out from our apartment and will be leaving Melbourne next week. My Melbourne story comes to a pause now. Every time I think about not going back to Australia anytime soon, I feel sour. My best mates and beloved cousins are all in Melbourne. Even today I went to IKEA, trying to get something to decorate my “home”, I could find nothing. This is not my home! Once I get what I want, I will go back for sure.

好久没有去听任贤齐的歌了。来到这里,听中文歌的机会多了很多。当听到这首歌的歌词时,突然感慨年良多。我一直想要往外飞,最终想要和得到的是什么呢?

任贤齐 《想飞》

我想飛,往高的地方飛
飛過高山和原野
帶著祝福和期待
我要全世界都了解
我想飛,往高的地方飛
廣闊天地任我飛翔
帶著幸福和喜悅
我要和全世界分享愛
當風吹過來
輕輕的吹在我的臉上
輕輕的吹動你的長發
輕輕地隨風飛
當雨飄下來
輕輕的灑在我的臉上
輕輕的濕潤你的長發
輕輕的我的愛
我只想讓你明白
不管多遠的未來
再大風雨有我為你擋下來
我只想讓你明白
不管多苦有多累
我只想擁抱你在我的胸懷
我想飛,往高的地方飛
飛過高山和原野
帶著祝福和期待
我要全世界都了解
我想飛,往高的地方飛
廣闊天地任我飛翔
帶著幸福和喜悅
我要和全世界分享愛

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home