Friday, March 16, 2007

Sport's Day

A new graduate trainee is recruited in my company a couple of days ago, which made me feel a bit of seniority although I am still at the bottom of the corporate ladder.

Our company has this serious working culture that everyone does their own work and hardly talks to each other unless necessary. That is why we can have so few people but achieve such a great result. This environment is both good and bad. So to compensate the bad side, it has organized this sport’s day that the whole office go out to play sport together, and, of course, eat afterwards. A team bounding activities that, hopefully, can make us more cooperate. It is held every quarter; today is the day. We went to East Coast beach to flow Frisbee, catching ball game, and even soccer. It sounds boring, actually it is not at all. You know Singapore is hot and humid, we all sweat after running back and forth several times. We then rested on the grass and started relax our tighten face and talked to each other. After the physical activities, we went to eat in this high-class seafood restaurant located inside the famous East Coast seafood center. Wow ~~~ what a big feast! A huge tray of chili crabs, corn flake prawns, Beijing pork, and so on. I am going to go on a detox after the meal. All these are being paid for by the company.

Even though a lot of ex-company people bitch a lot about the company, for me, my feeling is positive so far. I understand they don't like the bounding schemes, yet, that is how you can manage the high turn over rate in such a tough and saturated industry. On top of that, the company pay for my PR health check, my lap top (if I stay with them for 18 months) and even my Malaysian travel visa application fee!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home