Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Becoming a Singaporean

How do I feel after becoming a Singapore resident? I don't belong here. I love the life, love the job, love the dance, love the shoppings and love the food, however, I don't fell bonded by this small island. I just received my five years Singapore permanent resident status, and had my finger print recorded by the immigration department this morning. When I walked out of ICA, I felt in a puzzle: who am I? Where am I belonged to? I am a resident of three countries, holding one passport with two countries’ validated visas. I have done what I have been wishing for since young – to travel freely like a bird. Now I have the wing to fly, yet I am longing to nest.

Work has been hectic since we take on a new healthcare account. Everyday I have to rush with things, from 7.30am till 8.00pm non-stop. On top of deadline driven and the demanding tasks, I also have to withstand great stress from colleagues and clients. I still like the job and the challenges it gives me everyday LOL

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home