Sunday, April 01, 2007

Night cycling

On Friday, I sneaked out of the office before 7pm, while they were sharing the Friday evening laugh at “F-You” and “If you don't use it, you lose it” kind of X rated jokes. I am so glad that a week is over again, as I have so many problems in the week. I am going to pour all my complains, concerns and suggestions onto my boss on Monday. I have nothing to scare of, unlike most of the Singaporeans. I come here with a purpose, if I can’t see myself achieving it, I will fight for it. The worse case is I go back to Australia, which is not that bad indeed.

I had an activity scheduled for the night as well – a night cycling. I thought it would only go for a couple of hours, yet when I paid at the registration, they told me the roughly finishing time was around 6am! Tough luck, that means it is an overnight activity. To be honest, I have never stayed up overnight in my life, because no one can prevent me from falling asleep despite I had agreed on staying up.

There were about 30 of us, and most of them were NTS students. Our cycling route was started from East Coast Park, through Raffles Place, Tanjong Pagar, Vivo City then destined in Labrador Nature Reserve. That is not the end yet as we have to cycle back to East Coast Park to complete the whole circle. In Singapore, you can only do this sort of activities at night as one it is hot during the day, two there are two many traffics in the day time.

Physically, I am alright with the whole journey as roads in Singapore are quite flat, unlike last time I rode on the Canberra roads. I do not even feel ache on my legs today but just a sore bum. However, mentally I am extremely tired. I almost felt asleep on MRT on my way back home. I fell onto my bed at 7am and slept till 2pm in the afternoon. Then I scrambled out of bed and quickly dressed up to go out meeting up with a friend knew from dance before heading to the dance studio for a lesson.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home