Monday, April 16, 2007

The work will never end

This weekend is not really an “end” to me. On Saturday, I had to go for a stodgy 3-three hour seminar on women cancer for our client’s knowledge gathering; Sunday was spent in the office reading product fact sheets then went for a four-hour dance training. Next week will be another hectic week with product launches, event preparation and strategy planning lining up. Like an Asian work class saying “The work will never end”.

Our Beijing colleagues came to Singapore as their company’s offsite this weekend. A number of Singapore colleagues and I hung out with them on Saturday night from having dinner in East Coast followed by drinks in Long Bar at the Raffles hotel. The Beijing office is vast with 150+ staffs and wider business scopes; they are even doing the PR side for 2008 Olympics. Most of them are youngsters and more enliven than our soundless Singapore office. I was also amused to know more about their practices in China. Prompted by this Pilipino and Latin band, we had a great time in Long Bar where everyone, including our bosses, got onto their feet and danced.

I find myself not a very talkative person, which is a big big disadvantage in PR. I am extraverted to a certain degree yet find it hard to express my true feelings. I could not pretend who I am not. If I don't like that person, I will just keep myself away and can not put on my fate mask to acquaint him/her. My eyes give me away straight away.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home