Tuesday, June 26, 2007

A short KL gateway

Awake the next day and found myself in a strange city was a unique experience that stimulates my life. After nine hours being trundled on the train, we finally landed on the Malaysian land. My first impression of KL? Very much like Guangzhou except for less polluted and more modern architect building surrounding CBD. Most of the road signs are in Malay and you could hear people speaking Malay all around the places. Not surprisingly, majority of the Malaysian population comprises Malay. Shopping centers are a lot bigger than Singapore, yet items are not much cheaper if you go for branded ones. For cheap items, it doesn't worth the effort to bring it all the way back to Singapore when they can only last for one or two washes.

Climbing the well-known KL twin tower is a greatest highlight of the trip. The stainless building is the headquarter of the state-owned Petronas and has been standing as a southeast Asian landmark for 10 plus years. As tourists, we were only allowed to get up to the skyline bridge, the extraordinary architect and engineering combined innovation. When at night time, the towers are dressed in white lights to make its icon image more stand out.

My old Optus colleague got into the eminent ANZ graduate programme. I am sure happy for her, while on the other hand, I feel sour. Despite I am now working for an internationally renowned PR company, the experience is valuable and the industry is what I always want to get into, yet I could predict that I would get bored of it soon. Everyday is work after work, juggling as a middleman. I am looking into a career change and further education in a different discipline in a few years time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home