Friday, August 10, 2007

Singapore National Day

Today is the 42nd Singapore National Day. Most people are wearing red and white to resemble the national colours and flags are hanging on most of HDB flats a month before the Day. I could not get the National Day Parade ticket and did not want to be squashed or stepped on by the sea of red, I opted to stay home, watching the performances live from TV. My first exposure to Singapore’s patriotism and its nation’s proud of being part of this city state. Its national anthem is sang in Malay, PM’s speech is in English, while majority of them are Chinese ethnic, it is a nation mixed with different cultures and has created such a great success in the past 42 years. The Singapore NDP and performances on its first-ever floating stage was not extraordinary, after seeing so many years of Chinese National Day celebrations from my perspective, but the two week ND festival is an attraction for me to explore more about Singapore contemporary culture. To do that, I am going to watch the reputed firework on next Friday, to experience high-tea culture on next Saturday and pub crawling at night time.

I have been not that discipline with my diet in the past couple of days. First was the hearty beer battered fish and chips, followed by the late night satay and rojay at La Plaza, then was the abounding seafood platter, set aside the mango sago with ice cream and muffins. I could feel my stomach bloating. To make myself feel better, I have started my preparation for the 5K run next months and exercise as much as I can, jogging / swimming at least once a week to keep my cardiac level up to standard.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home