Monday, September 10, 2007

逝者如斯

After a couple of months training, I finally finished my 5K run with quite a good placing among 6,000 of other girls. I felt so overjoyed after passing the finishing point, still had an urge to run more. Indeed, after this 5K run, there will be another 10K race coming up in October and a full/half Standard Charter marathon in December. I am not confident enough to run such a long distant, however, after investing $120+ on my Asics running shoes, I will definitely run more to tone up myself and loose a bit of “excess”.

No more Sunday blue, no more worrying about what are lining up for the coming week, no more rushing back home before 10pm because I have to wake up early the next day. At last I could enjoy my Sunday stress free \. Now, it is Monday blue

On Monday night, after a proper cooked dinner at a proper time, I went around my neighborhood area – the Singapore heartland. I was like gone back to the first few weeks I landed in Singapore, Bouncing around like a five-year-old, peeking excited eyes around people / places / buildings / hawker centres. Despite an unpleasant phone call this morning, I still managed not to think about the matter for as long as I could resist. I realize today is the last day of the ghost month, the Chinese communities burn joysticks and papers around town to send away the ghosts.

Mid-autumn festival is coming at the end of this month, a festival which I tried to get my parents to buy the most expensive lantern to compete with my friends when I was young. Putting paper boats in a lake, burning candles in a park and running around with lanterns were part of my childhood memories. 逝者如斯啊,留都留不了。

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home