Thursday, September 13, 2007

Crisis, crisis, and more crisis

I did not sleep well since I go back to work on Tuesday. Why? Because I am in the CIM team for this troublesome drug which a bunch of US medical scholars want to wipe it out from the market. Constant media monitoring, getting media holding statements stand by, seeding our stands on the issue to the journalist, and media release preparation. I have to wake up at 6.30am to tap the pulse of global media and news wires on the news pick ups, and work from home to update the Singapore office till 8am. After a 15 minutes taxi ride, I am back to the office to continue on high alert on news that might break out in any minute. This is what one should bear in the media industry.

In the evening, around 8pm, our building was shaking like six months ago. OMG, another earthquake!!! This time, in Indonesia Sumatra, a 7.9 earthquake was experienced and tsunami warnings were put up immediately after the tremor in Sri Lanka and Indonesia. A few of us who stayed back to work in the office, hurried out of the office, descended from the staircases to the lower level. I was contacted by a print journalist to share my “evacuated” experience. Keep an eye out on tomorrow’s newspaper people.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home