Saturday, January 05, 2008

Almost the end

I am feeling my connections in Singapore are coming to an end now. My energy level is running very low and I have no mod for any sorts of entertainment but how to pack and go home. If bad news does not come as such a sudden, I may stay in this tiny island for a bit longer – now it is not up to me to choose. On the other hand, people leave one after another: CH is leaving next week, L is getting married and relocating soon, JA has gone for quite some time, and JA is also planning to leave in June. If there is anything I miss in Singapore, that will be my colleagues, my respectable bosses and my beloved job.

It is interesting that most of my friends’ comments of me are “You love a lot of things, work especially … you need to be tamed.” It is true, I am not ready to settle down. I am strong and capable to be independent which is … both good and bad.

I haven’t seen my so-called pen pale Finland friend for four years. This time we meet up, both feel we have grown up since last time we met. I was no longer a tie-budget student and he was no more a Caucasian who took public transports. I have plans for the future while he is taking his chance to move up to another career level. I hope next time we meet, God knows how many years that will be, we would be different again – more financially secured, have or are ready to settle down, or maybe have one or two children.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home