Saturday, January 12, 2008

A rough week

I had a very rough week indeed. Partially because it is the beginning of the year, tons of client’s meetings, strategy proposals, planning, pressure of meeting the avenue, while partially because I am leaving. I have to complete or fine tune loads of things before I step out of the country. It was fun and challenging, just a bit too much. Can you imagine you work like hell from 8am till 10pm everyday, with interns come to ask you questions after questions while you have to be very patient with them and the journalists / clients are chasing you on the other end? That is exactly what our PR lives are like. Press releases, pitching notes, media notes, client notes, miscellaneous notes all pill up on your desk or in your inbox.

I have been so drained out that my flat is in a mess so much so that my land lady came to tell me that I have to “do a bit of spring cleaning” before Chinese New Year. So embarrassed as I am generally not a messy person, just that there are so many things going on that I have no time to deal with my personal life.

I could see that my colleagues don't want me to leave. I am very proud to see how I have changed their mindsets from the initial “that China girl” to “this is a little reliable high achiever”. To survive in Singapore is not easy, to gain respect and acknowledge is even harder. Although I have stop advancing my career at this stage, I am “bloody arrogant” for my achievement.

I thought the team would have let my birthday slip away since it was in the holiday season. To my greatest surprise, they used tea and a “two-hour” team meeting to trap me into our meeting room with a chocolate cake. Everything was perfect, except for they put five candles instead of four! Never mind, Singaporeans are all “Kia Su”. I got a little GUESS handbag, which made me feel so over the moon and worked harder in the rest of the evening!

I am really grateful for what GOD has given me so far. Every where I go and work, I meet nice people and talented mentors, and opportunities keep opening the doors for me. In addition, loving and caring family members and friends who are always there for you. I shall not take all these blessing as granted.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Never really read ur recent posts till today. Learn to be strong , gal...and god will work things out in your favour. Not to worry or fear, you'll come out of darkness very soon! Have a little more faith..:) Love, Chloe

2:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home