Saturday, February 02, 2008

Simple things

What will make me smirk? Very simple things – a nice long sleep with a visit to the library, added a one-hour jog in the neighbourhood reservoir. I don't like complicated things. Just simple but pure would embrace my soul.

I went out on Wednesday night after sneaking out early on Tuesday night. My ex-colleague J was kind enough to bring me to watch the Australian basketball league, which Singapore has a team qualified for the season. They are playing ever fortnight in Singapore and the team is called Singapore Slingers. That was my first time watch live sport’s game (F1 is not counted). I was super hyper and got excited when the handsome Slingers’ handsome captain took a quick turn and score a 3-point.

After the match, we went for dinner. I cracked most of the joys this time round, which is quite rare as I am always the quiet one. Maybe I have been given a lot of opportunities to build up my confidence in dealing with difficult matters at work. Anyway, I was given another GUESS bag as my birthday. It is like a well-known secret that I am a fan of GUESS. Maybe next time when I join a firm I should declare myself the fan of GUCCI or some other luxury brands.

On Friday night, the whole group of Associates went out for drinks again. Apart from bitching our seniors, we also talked about how PR practice is like in other countries. The conclusion is, PR in Singapore is all about relationships! You want to get your story in the newspaper, you better know the journalist on the other end of your phone. Sometimes, global account likes the X computer brand, you are merely a press release sender. There is even once an editor called me to notify me that they were running a negative story about one of my clients, I better prepare the holding statement and get ready for the damage control. Imagine I didn't have a good relationship with the editor, I would have to work my ass off to mend the crisis. I guess, one year is good enough for me to move on. If I still want to work in this line, better get going and learn something more challenging and solid.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home