Friday, February 08, 2008

A stupid fall


One year of memories and experience are sealed and packed in three cartoon boxes to be shipped to two different directions. A new journey is waiting for me ahead. I wish I could fly back Melbourne soon, but the decision is not on my now. You don't know how much you love a place until you leave – this is the case for Melbourne. I still can not stand the weather and the irritated skin rash. I miss the people – my dear friends, cousins, grandparents, aunts, uncles, old colleagues and much much more.

I was and will be home bounded for the whole CNY holiday. Why? Stupid me fell into a drain after having the reunion dinner at A’s house. I hate to say that, but I always fall into things with or without holes: fell from the pavement which fractured my left ankle; fell from the school assembling hall stairs which became a hot topic for the rest of school terms; fell into a roses bush which left my hands with scratches; and now I fell into a DRAIN! How embarrassing was that! My left calf is badly scratched, bruises can be found around the scratchy areas; my right elbow is just as bad. One of my worst hurts ever!

When I went to see a doctor on the first day of CNY, the nurse asked me: “Why are you seeing a doctor?” After I told her what had happened. She said stupidly: “You are not in pain, are you?” I squint at her: “I am in PAIN … but I have to wait then I can wait.” The doctor was in a slide shock when he saw the patch of wound on my calf, “Aiyo, you can’t visit relatives lah.” Alas, I should have bougt the 4D on CNY eve – I may be a millionaire today.

During my home-bounded incarceration, I finished another book, a book about Libya. An African country pretty much like the old China in the early 1900s. Women do not have a decision on their marriages, they live under the shadow of men. On the other hand, a group of young men were holding an ambitious to turn the country into a democratic society. However, these group of youths were either hung or exiled. The remaining ones, became cowards and listened to the government. The book was written from a nine-year-old child’s eyes, the real world was seen as confused, horrified and betrayal. An interesting piece for you to peek into an unknown society.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home