Sunday, April 06, 2008

Waterloo Bridge replayed


I watched Waterloo Bridge again. Last time I watched it was about 10 years ago. Well, 10 years on, Vivien Leigh is still enchanting and pure as an angel, while Robert Taylor is still charming and attractive as every young girl’s dream man. This is the movie I would keep and re-watch every now and then.

I love watching black and white movies nowadays. Vivien Leigh, Audrey Hepburn and Liza Minnelli are my all time stars. In the old days, no fancy special effects, no overdone make-ups, no extravagant shootings, just a good storyline with excellent acting. A simple touch would have made you remember the movie for life.

It is April, it is this time of the year. I am going to visit more graves (the so-called “commemorating your ancestors”) tomorrow. I hate the smoky smell of burning incenses and papers for the death. I am going to suggest buying a bunch of flower for our ancestors next year. At least we are not polluting the environment, and we might have reused the flowers in our home.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home