Thursday, May 15, 2008

One week back

I am back to Melbourne for one week now. I have kicked the ball rolling and things are starting coming in their ways. In the meantime, my mind has been playing a lot of thoughts: why I am here, what I shall do, what I want to do and how good I can be.

After the short stint in PR, I feel very bewildered if I should continue to pursue my career down the communications track. Obviously I have to put loads of hard work because my language disability – how could I compete with those who were educated and speak the language for their lives while I only started learning the language 10 years ago. On the other hand, I have proven I could do well despite the disadvantage and the extra work I have to put in. Am I willing to go back to my simple and sluggish Melbourne life? No, I don't want to go back to the starting point.

D always told me to set a realistic plan instead of a mirage goal. Well, this time I met him again after several years, our interpretation of life has changed. His ambitious has faded into a hard money driven reality and my believe has driven away with the life windwhirl. That late afternoon coffee time at Brunette seems to become a history.

Several friends ask me why I am back to Melbourne again; even I ask myself what I am here for. Will I be happy? Will I be content? Or will I hate it as I always do? I am trying to adapt whatever is lying ahead because I have made the decision to move back and stay.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home