Monday, December 01, 2008

December baby

December comes again. Always my favourite month of the year, I used to look forward to the 2nd last day of the year, now I am waiting for the work breakout day to have a break. I feel I do need a break to refresh myself after working for six months.

I was having a lunch conversation with my colleagues, one is living from home while another is a spoiled little princes. We shared views on difficulties of living away from the family, the life after paying a big chunk of your salary to rent and daily expenses, and a “luxury” lifestyle while your parents are still feeding you and providing accommodation to you for free. Regardless, they are all saving up for a house. I did, indeed, feel a bit sour – no matter how hard I save, there is not a house shadow seen anywhere near me. It would be much easier to give up than save up for one, or else, build one in someone’s abandoned backyard. I am and have always been immune to my grandma/aunt’s marriage + house + children theory. They imagine things out of reality, never take a look what is behind my back. Why was I sick? Why did I leave?

At work, we are all dragging these last three weeks before we go for a-month long holiday. I am hoping to prepare for my diploma assessment and, hopefully, pass the professional title exam.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home